We have all been there where our back pain doctor suggests something to us and we try to apply it to other aching parts of our bodies and find the solution either not useful at all or worsening the situation. If you are in the similar place right now then the following knee pain treatment dos and don’ts will surely help you out:
- Do as much exercise as possible – but also not too much. This is something which you must be oblivious to as everyone would be suggesting a little more rest than you are doing. Don’t. Get up and pump up your muscles for flexibility in your knee.
- Stop resting. This is exactly what you are doing right now. It is a huge misconception that you should be resting more to treat the pain because your pain is happening due to the jamming of muscles.
- Use the RICE treatment. This suggests that if your knee pain has been caused due to minor injury or arthritis then it can easily be cured by resting, icing, compressing and elevating the aching part of it.
- Stay away from dangerous situations. Even though we suggest exercising you still need to be careful while performing it so that you don’t risk a fall because it can worsen the situation.
- Opt for acupuncture. This is one of the oldest Chinese methods which are used to this date to cure several different problems and knee pain is just one of them. Basically it is about inserting needles at the pressure points to relive off some pain.
- Don’t be shy to ask for help or support. Sometimes the pain is out of control that it may stop you from doing routinely tasks. When this happens, always consider help from a walking stick or cane which will provide you support.
- Consider weight loss. When your body grows out of proportion it is obvious that the whole weight may fall to your legs and knees specifically which can cause pain. In such situation it is essential that you make changes to your meals so that you can relieve off some pain.
There are so many other things which you should be doing but the above list will get you started so that you can relieve off some pain.